Most organic and natural foundations are very much a light or medium coverage. It’s a little harder to find one that gives a true full coverage. Today I’m sharing my favourite full coverage organic foundations.
- whipped consistency
- sets quickly (work in small sections)
- satin-matte finish
- requires minimal skincare prep (no oils)
- longest wearing of the foundations mentioned
- reduces redness
- for all skin types
- darkens slightly on the skin after application
- has a lovely cocoa scent
To see my extensive thoughts on the Antonym Skin Esteem Foundation, you can watch this video. I love the finish and how my skin looks when I wear this foundation. The main con for me on this one is definitely that I have to be careful of what products I apply underneath, as it doesn’t always play well with other skincare products, resulting in a bit of a patchy application. To fix this, I just use a simple moisturizer, and then can apply without issue.
- SPF 25
- Fullest Coverage of foundations mentioned
- Radiant finish
- Needs to be set with a powder (for oily skin)
- Applies easiest with a beauty blender
- Doesn’t cling to dry patches
- Customizable coverage
- for all skin types
I adore the Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream, and wear it most often in the summertime. It gives the skin a pretty glowy finish, and covers like a dream. I would caution that it can emphasize pores as it settles into the skin throughout the day, but not enough to stop me from wearing it. I also love the citrus scent it has. Overall a beautiful foundation.
- Medium buildable to full coverage
- Applies/blends best over an oil
- Clings to dry patches
- Satin finish
- Fades slightly throughout the day
- Best for normal, combination, or oily skin types
This Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation is most new to me. It definitely applies best over an oil, and will cling to dry patches if the proper skin prep isn’t done. However, I like that throughout the day it doesn’t get cakey, but rather fades ever so slightly. I can see where those with oily skin types would love this foundation, as it seems to do very well for me in the t-zone.
Have you tried any of these foundations? What has been your experience?