Recently I had been hearing a lot of hype about the Mamma Chia drinks. I haven’t come across one yet, or else I probably would have bought one to try. I did hear that they are really good, but $$$ expensive.
Today I decided I was going to try my hand at making my own chia drink. My first attempt was okay – but a little too watered down. I tried again, and perfecto!
I am very sensitive to certain slimey textures – so I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this gelatious drink, but it turns out that it isn’t slimey, and I quite enjoyed it!
Here’s how you can make your own chia drink.
- In a glass add 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp of chia. I used a small whisk to really work the chia into the water.
- Once it was starting to gel a bit, I sat it in the fridge over night.
- The next day, it will be quite thick.
- Add 1 cup of 100% natural organic juice. Make sure it’s 100% juice.
- Stir it all together, and enjoy!
Let me know if you try it!